Part 7 - The Internet of Things: Connecting It All
This documentary on IoT explores the obstacles that the communications ecosystem faces in the race to 20-30 billion connected devices. How are companies dealing with security, scale, cost and the fractured nature of the current IoT landscape? How will businesses leverage the power of data analytics, when not all data is valuable? And how will 5G and standards play a role in the IoT revolution?
Through a series of in-depth conversations, this documentary tackles many essential IoT issues, such as the dynamic nature of wireless networks, radical changes to product development and support, threats posed by cyberattacks, costs and savings associated with IoT projects and more.
Watch previous Network of the Future documentary episodes here.
- Mark Bartolomeo, VP, IoT and Connected Solutions, Verizon
- Gee Rittenhouse, SVP, Security Business Group, Cisco
- Tony Shakib, VP, IoE Vertical Solutions Engineering, Cisco
- Nayaki Nayyar, GM and Global Head of IoT and Innovation GTM, SAP
- Alon Segal, CTO, Telit
- Fred Yentz, CEO, Telit IoT Platforms
- Brian Witten, Senior Director, IoT Security, Symantec
- Luke D’Arcy, Director, SIG FOX USA
- Travis Hall, Technology Policy Analyst, NTIA
- Bill Morelli, Director, IoT, M2M and Connectivity, IHS Research
Network of the Future Documentary Series:
- Part 1: M2M and IoT: Brace for Impact
- Part 2: Broadband Capacity: Are We Ready?
- Part 3: Break the Restraints: Uncovering Software Defined Networking
- Part 4: The Cloud: Building in Mid-Air
- Part 5: The Value Chain: Building Value in the Chain
- Part 6: The Virtualization Revolution: NFV Unleashed
- Part 7: The Internet of Things: Connecting It All